Just curious if these are signs that Sofia is ready to be potty trained:
1. During tummy time this morning she started fussing so I thought, well maybe she wants to roll over because any other 7 month old baby (actually even 4 month olds) roll over to get a new perspective when they're bored. Nope. That wasn't it, continued crabbiness. So I pulled her up to her favorite sitting position and of course big smile emerged. But then I realized the smile was just part of an overall stare, red face and strained look- yep, she was pooping. Hmmm.... So she needs to sit to poop. Interesting.
2. Now the past two days she has been quite upset when I leave her alone so we have to have a bathroom party everytime I need to go to the bathroom. Which means sofia sits in the hallway in front of the bathroom and Parker inevitably comes running for a pet. Isn't there a book called, 5 minutes peace, that is exactly about this situation? Well both times Sofia is obviously working on her own bowel functions right along with me. Amazing. I have heard that you should model going to the bathroom on the toilet to encourage them to use it as well. Seems like sofia gets it.
So my question is, if she was naked all the time and I put her over the toilet would she poop in it?
Disclaimer: I just realized my sarcasm wasn't heavy enough but I had no idea that people can train their newborns (well I have heard that possible in China)! Amazing but we'll be sticking to potty training at a later age for now.
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone
2021-2022 School Year - First Day
4 years ago
7 comments:
That would be an interesting experiment! If it worked I would be super jealous! However, it brings a whole new picture to the phrase "don't fall in"! And I bet you would get sick of holding her over the darn thing! Funny though! Naia also seems to poop when she is sitting, especially in her high chair! The 'I'm pooping face' is so cute, one of my favs!
:)C
LOL this makes me laugh! I think if she was naked all the time you would have poop all over your floor! That being said nothing wrong with getting her a potty and having her sit on it. Although, you would have to be precariously holding her on her potty while still trying to do your "business". I think I would stick to diapers for now! hehe so funny
Hilarious thought B- joint pooping session. yikes! Hopefully Parker doesn't get the wrong idea. Yea, we'll be waiting on the potty training since these were just random coincidences- sometimes I'm so delirious, especially in the morning.
Sometimes the greatest ideas come to us when we are delirious... sometimes the funniest ones do too! hehe Love ya!
You crack me up!!!
Hahahahaha! You guys are all hysterical!
I had to re-read this multiple times because it made me laugh so hard :) If you figure it out you let me know! Maybe the second she starts walking... :)
Post a Comment